MU OMEGA OMEGA CHAPTER
In partnership with the Ivy Community Fund
2018 Vada Kyle Holmes (VKH) Academic Scholarship
WINGS Community Assistance Awards
Vada Kyle-Holmes Scholarship
In 1997, Mrs. Vada Kyle-Holmes, a member of Mu Omega Omega, received the Spotlight Award from KWGN-TV2, recognizing unsung community heroes. Mrs. Kyle-Holmes was presented with $10,000 which could be donated to the charity of her choice. Mrs. Kyle-Holmes donated the money to the Mu Omega Omega Scholarship Fund. The Vada Kyle Holmes Scholarship was established in 1998.
The WINGS program was created by the Mu Omega Omega Chapter. The purpose of the Wings Community Assistance program is to provide support for the enrichment of talents and gifts within the membership of the local community and for individuals of all ages to pursue the display of talents and gifts in various arenas.
Congratulations to the Mu Omega Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, Adult and Student Scholarship and Grant winners for the 2017 year:
- Vada Kyle Holmes Student Academic Scholarship ~ (1st Place Winner ~ $1,000) ~ Jaiden Emerson
- Vada Kyle Holmes Student Academic Scholarship ~ (2nd Place Winner ~ Laptop Award) ~ April M. Garlin
- Vada Kyle Holmes Student Academic Scholarship ~ (3rd Place Winner ~ Laptop Award) ~ Adwoa A. Twenenboa-Kodulah
- Vada Kyle Holmes Graduate Scholarship ($1,000) ~ Alexandria Harris
- WINGS Ivy Leadership Award ($250) ~ Saana Walker
- WINGS Community Assistance Award Non-Profit ($1,000) ~ Montbello Cheetas Youth Organization
The Mu Omega Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, is pleased to announce the following Scholarship and Grants for the 2018 year:
- Vada Kyle Holmes Student Academic Scholarship 2018
- Vada Kyle Holmes Graduate Academic Scholarship 2018
- 2018 WINGS IVY Leadership Award
- 2018 WINGS Community Assistance Award Non-Profit
- 2018 WINGS Community Assistance Award Outstanding Individual
VKH Academic Scholarship Eligibility
- The Vada Kyle Holmes Student Academic Scholarship is available to a female student who is a Colorado resident graduating from high school.
- The student must possess a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Student must plan to attend a 4-year college or university beginning Fall 2018
VKH Graduate Academic Scholarship Eligibility
The Vada Kyle Holmes Graduate Student Academic Scholarship may be awarded to a female graduate student, who is a resident of Colorado attending an accredited university and having a GPA of 3.0 or better. The student must be in at least their second semester of graduate school.
WINGS Ivy Leadership Award Eligibility
The WINGS Ivy Leadership Award will be granted to outstanding youth, grades 6-11 for the following activities:
- Educational development opportunities (e.g., tutoring, advanced courses, space camp)
- Leadership development (e.g., tuition for seminars, leadership or development courses)
- Cultural development (e.g., classes for art, drama, dance)
WINGS Community Assistance Award Non-Profit and Outstanding Individual
The WINGS Community Assistance Awards will be granted to one non-profit organization** and to one outstanding individual within the community for the following purposes:
- Attendance at seminars, leadership development workshops and conferences
- Professional development in education and leadership affairs
- Seed money to develop a new project or to support an on-going project that addresses the initiatives of the Alpha Kappa Alpha International Programs (Launching New Dimensions of Service)
An application form should be neatly completed (either typed or printed). If your responses require more space than is provided, please use a separate sheet of paper. If you use a separate sheet of paper, responses must be typed. Responses to essay questions must also be typed.
Application Deadline: Applications must be postmarked by June 1, 2018.
For more information contact:
Mrs. Janet Smither at email@example.com
ATTN: Mrs. Janet Smither
Mu Omega Omega Chapter
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
P.O. Box 471166
Aurora, CO 80047
Please note that these are one-time awards. A non-profit organization or individual that has received a WINGS Community Assistance Award from Mu Omega Omega in the past is not eligible to apply.
** Non-profit organizations that are the committees, sub-groups or basis of activities of members of the National Pan-Hellenic Council are not eligible to apply for the WINGS Community Assistance Award for a non-profit organization.